Friday, July 26, 2019

Woo hoo! Faux Tin and Faux Lithograph Jewelry are Finally Here!

Yes, that's right!  So excited to share some of my latest creations.  I am now working in recycled tin, recycled cardboard, and copper and brass jewelry.  Primarily recycled tin though.  I am absolutely loving it.  I keep finding new methods to use with the metal, new textures, new shapes, colors, images, all of it!

After having worked exclusively in shrink plastic for close to 20 years, I have found a new love.  So exciting!

Materials are readily available, I can go garage sale-ing or to thrift shops and walk out with an armful of tin boxes.  All waiting to be turned into something gorgeous.  Tin does require more attention than the shrink plastic in that it has to be cut down, trimmed, panels cut out, shapes cut, edges sanded and in most cases, I have to apply imagery.  That's me, all about the illustrations.  That process in itself is quite time-consuming, but gosh is it worth it!  I've inserted several pictures of some of the items I have made.  Can you tell I'm proud?

I have many listed on my Etsy store site.  Go have a look if you are interested.  My items are unique,  very well made, they are competitively priced, and gift-boxing and shipping are free!









See?  Busy, and this is just the tip of what I've made so far.  Stay tuned for more and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Viewing Etsy Purchases by Seller -- Why is This Not an Option?

Little side-gripe here, but I think a long overdue request of Etsy.  I think that buyers should be able to pull up purchases, by seller.  Wh...